I had the same problem. I reinstalled the OS but opted not to start the KDM graphical interface automatically. So now I boot to the prompt. use startx to start the graphical interface & can simply logout to the prompt.
i installed knoppix 9-24-2003 on my hard drive only to find that logging out shut down my pc.
i'd like to install knoppix again. has anyone intsalled knoppix 11-14-2003 and checked to see if the log out feature is working? i really want to make several user accounts and right now i can't do it...
I had the same problem. I reinstalled the OS but opted not to start the KDM graphical interface automatically. So now I boot to the prompt. use startx to start the graphical interface & can simply logout to the prompt.
...i see. thanks for the tip.

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00