Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card not recognized

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card not recognized

    Hi:

    I have a Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card installed on a Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop, with Knoppix 3.3 installed on the hard disk, with kernel 2.4.22 and cardctl 3.2.5.

    When I do "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" I get a message telling me that I have 2 sockets, but I should have 4: 2 for the Texas Instruments 1131 PCMCIA bridge and 2 for the Cirrus PD672x PCMCIA bridge -> http://inauspicious.org/hinote/#mode...tConfiguration

    My /etc/default/pcmcia file contains this data:

    PCMCIA='yes'
    PCIC="i82365"
    PCIC_OPTS=""
    CORE_OPTS=""
    CARDMGR_OPTS""

    When I write lsmod I get the yenta_socket module loaded, instead of i82365. I see yenta_socket is loaded at boot time although I boot with the nopcmcia option

    Can you tell me what is wrong with my configuration or where should I look? I've visited http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp...CIA-HOWTO.html but I can't solve my problem.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Problem solved

    I found the solution:
    Knoppix loaded the yenta_socket module at boot time because it was in /etc/module. I replaced yenta_socket with i82365 and now I can use the pcmcia card!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    my /etc/defaults/pcmcia file for xircom card:

    PCMCIA=yes
    PCIC=yenta_socket
    PCIC_OPTS=
    CORE_OPTS=
    CARDMGR_OPTS=

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Ethernet PCMCIA Card not being recognized
    By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
  2. pcmcia network card not recognized - now what?
    By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
  3. Xircom PCMCIA modem hangs up
    By AlBorland in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
  4. Cisco Aironet / Xircom Wireless Ethernet drivers - source
    By robartes in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 09:03 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$13.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46