Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: saving network configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    saving network configuration

    At boottime I want my ip-adres, default gateway, being active.
    I thought doing that by saving the config on floppy.
    Well, I booted, but no ip-adres and no default gateway.
    Then, I create the files /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and put the right parameters in it.
    I saved the config again on floppy, but again at boottime no ip-address and no default gateway.

    Does anyone know the solution ?
    What did I wrong ?


    Thanks for your reply !


    winterw

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11
    Did you check all boxes on the Save config menu?
    Also, did you type 'knoppix floppyconfig' in the boot menu?
    The network configuration saves OK for me, but I myself am having some problems with saving the desktop setup

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re Saving Configuration

    Well I'm in here looking about for the same answer. Seems very hard to get info on this subject with any reliability. I also have tried numerous times to save the 5 configuration options check boxes. Hasn't worked AT ALL. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as this is the best operating system I've encountered.

    ~S~

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. Saving the configuration
    By djenner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
  3. help saving my configuration
    By plus1hdcp in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:05 PM
  4. Saving root configuration
    By benmayim in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
  5. Problem with saving my configuration
    By Eradicator in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$950.00



Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is) picture

Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)

$64.75



Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz picture

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz

$300.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter picture

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter

$25.00



OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT picture

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT

$329.95