-
Linux n00b needs help
Ok, I'll be the first to admit, I am a total n00b at Linux, even though I have been playing around with it for almost a year now, only in the past few weeks have I decided to become serious about learning Linux. Here is my issue:
For work I need to create a Linux kiosk that will boot from a CD and run in a kiosk mode. By this I mean, the PC needs to "auto login" and then launch a browser to a web site. The broswer and the OS can not eb changed by the user. The user only should have access to navigate the web site and thats it. I have read a lot of kiosk tutorials, and I think Knoppix is the best Distro for my choice, but I know I will need to make changes and then remaster it. Here is where I am stupid, I have no clue where to start. I have the lastest version of Knoppix and a lot of printed pages to help me, but I just can't seem to make any of the commands work. I would really appreaciate the help!
I will look like a hero if I can convince my boss to dump M$, and go with Linux. I am not afraid to tell my boss that i got help. So thanks in advance. This seems like a great community.
Similar Threads
-
By harken in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 41
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
-
By The Conman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
-
By Grave in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 01:27 AM
-
By crusty in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By blackout in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99