Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: V3.3-2003-11-19 does not install

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    V3.3-2003-11-19 does not install

    In latest release (V3.3-2003-11-19) , knoppix-installer does not work, but just goes to a screen which presents the script with previous, next, and print buttons. when I press previous or next, it returns to the terminal.?????

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    The installer on 11-19 worked fine for me. (although after the successfull install my system freezes when I launch applications).

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    23

    Re: V3.3-2003-11-19 does not install

    Quote Originally Posted by keithecampbell
    In latest release (V3.3-2003-11-19) , knoppix-installer does not work, but just goes to a screen which presents the script with previous, next, and print buttons. when I press previous or next, it returns to the terminal.?????
    where is knoppix-installer?
    do I type that in at a terminal prompt is that what I do?

  4. #4

    knoppix-installer

    Yes, just start up a terminal and type it in. It worked fine for me on previous releases.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    I made the same expierience, couldn't get the installer to work.

    I made also
    sudo rebuildfstab -r -v
    export IGNORE_CHECK=1
    sudo knoppix-installer

    with the same result as discribed above

    I have only 1.7 GB diskspace for root, perhaps this is the problem.
    Is there a way to chose less packeges?

    Well I rezised to 2.2GB space, then it worked perfekt!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    I think the same error occurred here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4689. It seems to have to do with xdialog not getting the proper parameters. My solution was to not boot into X and start knoppix-installer from the command prompt. You then get a text based installer. Also, you probably want to save the configuration and edit it manually before you install (this is explained in the knoppix-installer script itself)

Similar Threads

  1. Problem and solution, knoppix-install v3.3 2003-11-19
    By tubeman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
  4. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  5. hd install in KNOPPIX v3.2 2003-04-18
    By eadz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET picture

Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET

$69.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99