-
Junior Member
registered user
NTFS resize of my only partition safe w/ qtparted?
Hello, I'm a newbie and I'm wondering whether it's safe to resize my single NTFS hd partition (XP) with qtparted in order to create a partition on which I can then install knoppix. I've backed up my personal files and all, but I can't back up the entire system (don't have the software). I've looked thru the forum, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Florian.
EDIT: I realise that this is a question that seems to have been answered a million times, but among all the posts, I simply can't find one that tells me exactly whether it's ok to go ahead and partition a hd that has only one NTFS partition at the moment, using qtparted. It's just that I'm afraid of ruining my XP partition (i.e., system) because I'd be lost w/out the computer. If you could point me to a post that does answer my embarrassing newbie question, I'd be very grateful. Apologies if this seems like a stupid attempt at clogging the forum, I simply don't know what to do.
Similar Threads
-
By kevstar31 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 08:31 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By David Ormsby-Gore in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By eadz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
-
By aashtonk in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00

DEC Vintage Pulse-to-Step Converter Driver Interface Card for DEC Systems
$50.00

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00