I downloaded Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-03 and Issued knx-hdinstall command (no ./). Everything worked fine except It failed to reboot. Any idea why? Trying to impress some friends and they are waiting for a resolution. Appreciate any help.
-Abe
I downloaded Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-03 and Issued knx-hdinstall command (no ./). Everything worked fine except It failed to reboot. Any idea why? Trying to impress some friends and they are waiting for a resolution. Appreciate any help.
-Abe
How about a description of what happened? Why didn't you use knoppix-installer- it is the newest version of the install script. Did you install LiLo to mbr? Did you make a boot floppy?
Thanks for the quick response.
I thought knoppix-installer did a compressed install but I just read another post indicating that this is a new command and has two modes and one of them is Debian type install. I will try it out and see how it goes. I think I messed up on the part of installing LILO.
Thanks again.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Dell - LSI 9440-8i MegaRAID 8 Port 12GB/s HBA High Profile RAID Card W/Cables
$20.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00