Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Possibility to Add App???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17

    Possibility to Add App???

    Hello,

    Hopefully I am asking for this in the right place, if not, sry.

    Anyway, what are the chances we can add another Application onto the Knoppix Release? Preferably the CD Version, and not DVD??? There is this nifty program called gEDA (http://geda.seul.org/) with is an EDA program. For those of you not in Electrical Engineering, it is an application that allows Engineers to Create Schematics of Circuits and allows us to test them to a certain degree. I would be greatly appreciated if this possible. And yes, there are .deb packages available from them. Reason why I don't go do this myself, easy, I just don't have the space on my computer to remaster the cd.

    Another thing, what are the chances the Nvidia NForce drivers ever make it into Knoppix before the Kernel finally introduces support to it?

    THanks for input

    mark

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    That is a very good idea. I Hope Mr. Knopper to include it at next release.

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I think Klaus is busy removing stuff, not adding right now, because the
    CD is already crammed with SW.One thing you could try is using morphix
    instead, and it allegedly has the capability of installing/merging deb packages
    on the fly. So: choose one of the morphis "base" ISO's, burn it without closing
    the CD, then add your DEB's to a /deb subdirectory and they should be made
    available when next booting off the CD. Worth trying, I'd say.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    the chances the Nvidia drivers make it into knoppix are very very low. Klaus doesnt like the fact they aren't free (GPL).

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I forgot to mention it, but morphix does come with the nvidia drivers.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17
    i tried that out baldyeti, and that idea worked really nice!!! Better then I had expected. Still be nice if it was Knoppix, but atleast now I have this program on a Live CD when I need to pull it up.

    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. R/W possibility over a mounted iso file ???
    By mikekgr in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89