-
Anyone else having Wine problems under 2.6.0-test9?
Hey all.. been having an interesting week testing 2.6.0-test9, rejiggering my system with some help from the fine folks of this forum to get almost everything working again. It's been a bit of a hassle, but the upgrade in responsiveness on the system in general has been worth it. I've ironed out almost all the wrinkles (playing around with the non-SCSI-emulation CDROM drivers, getting K3B working with them, trying to figure out how to get it to automagically recognize and initialize both my USB mouse and my Zaurus (no luck on those last two yet, for the mouse I have to go 'sudo modprobe uhci_hcd' in a terminal windowor else I have no mouse, and connection to the Zaurus has been hit-or-miss.. sometimes it works, sometimes no)).
Anyway, my main question is, I had a couple of simple Windows apps that I'd been running pretty well with Wine before the upgrade to 2.6.0-test9.. and now after the upgrade I can't seem to run them, they crap out with an error message. Anyone else having trouble with Wine after their upgrade to 2.6.0-test9? Just to see if it's just something weird in my case or it's a general 2.6.0-test9 incompatibility thing.
Also, having horrid luck compiling any sort of KDE app, keeps complainign about not having 'lXinerama_pics'.. but from what I've been able to find out, it's more of a Knoppix problem than a kernel problem. Want to compile the latest Kopete, with the MSN fix, but been unable to do so.. thankfully I've been making do with GAIM, but I've grown fond of Kopete. If anyone's got any tips on that too, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can render.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By DanMc in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 04:46 PM
-
By Tiger in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 03:49 AM
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99