Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Prism 2.5 chip - dhcp trouble

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2

    Wireless Prism 2.5 chip - dhcp trouble

    I have a Prism 2.5 chip in an IBM Thinkpad T23. Knoppix seems to recognize this mini-PCI card and loads the appropriate driver and gives me a eth0 device. I run wlcardconfig (or iwconfig), enter the correct settings and everthing appears to be ok. I then run 'wavemon' and I seem to have a good connection to my AP. The problem is that it's not grabbing an ip from my router. When I run 'pump -i eth0' it comes back with 'operation failed'. Everything that I have read says to use pump to initiate dhcp. What am I missing here? BTW, my 10/100 lan card on the same laptop (configured as eth1) grabs an ip right away.

    Also, I still can't seem to get WEP to work. I've read all the posts on this website about WEP setup and I've tried it all but the only thing that seems to work is disabling WEP on my AP. Is there anything special for this Prism 2.5 chip?

    If you have any suggestions please respond. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2
    I booted it back up the next day and now it works fine. Don't know what the problem was. I'll see what happens next time.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
  2. Wireless trouble once again
    By Rasalibra in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
  3. Linksys WUSB11 v2.5 Wireless Network Adapter (Prism)
    By Tankerkevo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
  4. Problem with wireless USB adapter Zonet ZEW2000 (Atmel chip)
    By deerwood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:31 PM
  5. Good news for wireless prism devices
    By alert5 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$449.99



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$60.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99