Perhaps a little cheese with that whine?

You could have really made some legitimate points without stooping to the condescending attitude. For instance, suggesting that Klaus is not doing anyone a service by providing consistent updates to a top shelf product is a bit of a smack. Yes, you could consider it annoying OR you can always look at the changelog and see if you think it's worth the d/l time. I always burn mine to CDRW so that I don't fill up a landfill with toxic coasters.

And unless you're actually providing resources towards hosting a mirror sight, you should probably wait for a contributor's comments towards that subject. MAYBE they don't mind a bit...

Also, please note the "beta" disclaimer everytime you boot a Knoppix CD. This means if you can't hang with bleeding edge, you shouldn't be running a debian unstable distribution. For my part, I find it exceeds my needs and expectations in function, form, and stability.

Linux isn't just for Joe Average, although most of the people I associate with have no trouble putting a CD in, booting up their pc, and getting basic Windows type functionality out of the KDE interface with little or no trouble or training. I walked my 10 year old nephew through a hard drive install last month, and he informs me that he thinks it's as easy to install games using apt-get as it is to install games on his Windows computer.

Finally, why don't YOU put some effort into making Knoppix a quality product. Buy some of Klaus's consulting time so that he can continue to donate his time towards the the efforts he extends, not to the "market", but to the open source community.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little cranky, but I've been drinking Brazilian coffee all week, and the stuff is like liquid crack.

Regards,

~paul