View Poll Results: What would be a " best release strategy" for Knoppix
- Voters
- 17. You may not vote on this poll
-
Once a week
-
Once a month
-
Once every three months
-
Even less often
-
Today you released another version of your acclaimed Knoppix live cd, the third new release in just a few weeks. It is really great! I appreciate it!
I feel you're really doing many people a big service with this, most of all the universities that so kindly have offered to mirror the Knoppix iso's providing local access to their students who use knoppix.
In my perception the current release speed is quite refreshing compared to other linux distos: people can be assured that there's constant attention for bugfixing. If this release flurry is aimed at keeping Knoppix high on the news sections of the best visited Linux websites, and getting reviews all the time, I think you are succeeding splendidly and I am not above firing back a supportive comment.
Users and webmasters alike will possibly never tire of mr. Knoppers many releases, allowing them to choose which updates/bugfixes to download by simply scanning the change log text file.
And I must admit that this is something I truly admire about Knoppix. It's a great live CD, and I guess that many people try to install Knoppix on their harddisk as well. It does a great job in promoting Linux, and I really feel Knoppix can make a difference for Linux as an instrument to give any microsoft windows user an alternative to his Windows box.
So please mr. Knopper (if you read this forum at all), accept my deepest gratitude, and continue with your cutting edge release calendar.
Even with one release every three months or so you'd still beat each and every distro out there in terms of being "bleeding edge". I don't see how your releases could attract any more attention then they do now.
A few final thoughts: I believe you have made great strides in furthering the "Linux Case" with your Knoppix product. I feel you have been wise to put so much effort into making Knoppix easier to install to harddisk. If someone (like paul_nl maybe?) wanted to write a nice and solid gui installer that offers some choice to the user, you would gladly put it in the next update. Of note are the other linux live distros you have inspired such as Morphix which allows for users to upgrade and customize their live cd (based on Knoppix) with an extensive module repository. It is an awesome tool.
kind regards
Moustache
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 01:00 AM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 08:41 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2002, 01:49 AM
-
By aay in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2002, 05:34 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-19-2002, 02:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00