-
Why I love knoppix (and linux/free/open software in general)
I have a client who I occasionally do some trouble-shooting for. I recently talked him into installing a knoppix machine to use as a simple email/proxy server.
He just emailed me to say that he tried to get telnet** running on it, but was having trouble.
In less time than I would have been on hold for with some "commercially supported" software, I searched for 'telnetd' in this very forum, and found the answer to the problem (thanks to averylowiq) .
You just can't buy the sort of support that you can find on this forum.
**Yes I did warn him of the dangers of using telnet, and suggested he stick to using ssh.
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 01:49 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By resistance in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
-
By Jared in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 04:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$155.19

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 1333MHz Memory RAM for Dell Optiplex 380, 390, 780, 790, 990
$22.99

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99