oh, my mistsake, sorry...![]()
I don't mean to confuse anyone, I use the CD on my laptops. I have several computers with linux installed. I have to use windows for programming (work). To protect my computer while surfing the Internet I use the CD. Windows has to many holes!
Another thing that I would love to see on the Knoppix CD would be a citrix client.
oh, my mistsake, sorry...![]()
why do we have knoppix release each month? isint this a debian system? wont apt-get upgrade do the same?
Juz curious....
It is once you install to the HD and that is what you should do once you have installed but many people use the CD on a regular basis add into the equation new releases of software, kernels, driver updates and bug fixes ... the list goes on for reasons for a new release.Originally Posted by manjo
Hi,
What is current NTFS driver version in knoppix?
-Juha
I wouldn't mind these bundled withy knoppix either.Originally Posted by mpeters13
Of course the reason they are not is because they are still in early beta stages. Oops forgot to mention your referring to Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird. Since the those names don't appear visible when viewing the message in the dorum.
I would like to know which kernel is used in this release.
Is their a way to figure that out with the list of changed packages? With any other already available information (apart from downloading and burning the iso image)?
Distrowatch.com always links to mirrors for the latest releases of Knoppix...
bfree, please tell me you cut and pasted that.![]()
I'm posting from my 3.3-11-19 hard drive install right now. Pretty nice.
Please don't remove AbiWord. If you want to make space, why not remove the German open office from the English CD, and vice versa. I wouldn't care if you removed openoffice altogether because it's too bloated and slow to run off of the CD for word processing. I have never actually needed it.
I would love to have Opera browser also, but I know there might be licensing issues. I was going to remaster opera into the CD, but changed my mind after hearing that the Knoppix CD is optimized, or defragmented so that it boots faster. How can one remaster and optimize the CD?

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00