-
Senior Member
registered user
thanks for the reply.
Something I don't quite quite understand about the vnc server part is, can I start it after I logon through ssh or it must be started as a daemon ?
I don't want to open up a computer to the world and only ssh.
What I want to do is only have ssh visible to the rest of the world. When I am on the road, ssh back(either linux or putty on windows) to get a terminal session(as well as port forwarding). From there I start vnc server on my port of choice then connect the vnc client through ssh port forwarding.
Similar Threads
-
By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:43 AM
-
By tfoso in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 10:04 PM
-
By Databug in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 10:11 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 05:32 AM
-
By xTrinity in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 01:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99