-
I have problem to connet with other users!!!!!
I use moden to connet to internet by kppp.
With knoppix and root user I can connet .
But with other user i cannot!
the other user is in the same group of knoppix user.
Please help me about.
-
Put your new user in the dialout group. Check /etc/groups and make sure your username is listed as part of the dialout group. Type "groups" in a shell to find out what groups your user is part of. I am not sure about this, but you may also have to be added to another group besides dialout. I don't know which one that is, unfortunately.
-
Re:
I am sure that my user is in "dialout" group and "dip" group too. I have tried with wvdial , pon and kppp. I think that the problem is the modem's Drive or unstable kernel. I am going to try(and decide for) with Debian stable 3.01. And if the problem persist , then it is the drive , which is a beta version.
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By echelon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
-
By jpmierau in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By vermeersch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 08:20 PM
-
By Joutei in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99