-
Freezing after HDD install
I have been trying to install Knoppix on my system. It runs WinME on one drive and I have a second drive that I am using to try out different Linux distros. I've sucessfully installed Mandrake 9.2 and Fedora Core 1 without any problems. However, I really think that Knoppix is the way to go but every time I install it on my hard drive, the system freezes; sometimes when I launch an application like Mozilla, Open Office, or a console; sometimes while it is still initiallizing. The actual install seems to go well. I have not had any problems running it off th CD. I thought maybe I had a bad copy of the CD so today I grabbed the latest (2003-11-19), checked the checksum, burned a fresh CD, and installed again. Same problem. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue?
Similar Threads
-
By oh_jason in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
-
By henning.scheid in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99