The installer on 11-19 worked fine for me. (although after the successfull install my system freezes when I launch applications).
In latest release (V3.3-2003-11-19) , knoppix-installer does not work, but just goes to a screen which presents the script with previous, next, and print buttons. when I press previous or next, it returns to the terminal.?????
The installer on 11-19 worked fine for me. (although after the successfull install my system freezes when I launch applications).
where is knoppix-installer?Originally Posted by keithecampbell
do I type that in at a terminal prompt is that what I do?
Yes, just start up a terminal and type it in. It worked fine for me on previous releases.
I made the same expierience, couldn't get the installer to work.
I made also
sudo rebuildfstab -r -v
export IGNORE_CHECK=1
sudo knoppix-installer
with the same result as discribed above
I have only 1.7 GB diskspace for root, perhaps this is the problem.
Is there a way to chose less packeges?
Well I rezised to 2.2GB space, then it worked perfekt!
I think the same error occurred here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4689. It seems to have to do with xdialog not getting the proper parameters. My solution was to not boot into X and start knoppix-installer from the command prompt. You then get a text based installer. Also, you probably want to save the configuration and edit it manually before you install (this is explained in the knoppix-installer script itself)

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different
$29.99
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00