Try " kdf" in a rootshell.
Hi,
I installed knoppix 3.3 14-11-03 on a laptop a couple of days ago and I have a problem when I try to mount the cd device for, say, listen a music cd... I have a /cdrom, /dvd and a /cdaudio directory but when I try to mount it...
mount /dev/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file syste
and the same for /dev/dvd and idem for mount /dvd ... Do you have any idea of why??
Here you are my /etc/fstab :
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exe
thanks!
Pau
Try " kdf" in a rootshell.
Hi... thanks, but I get the same:
mount -tiso9660 /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio -o defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdaudio,
or too many mounted file system
My problem is that when I launch a cd player program it cannot read it and remains "blank"...
A file cd is not a problem... I can mount it and read everything...
thanks again
Try XMMS and from the Main menu choose Play Location and enter /dev/cdrom and you should be able to listen to the disc. BTW you cannot mount an audio CD there is no "normal" file system on it.Originally Posted by pau
Do read/write permissions make a difference? (question).
Stu.....
nope... I tried everything and I am sure it's something trivial, but I can't figure out whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?It's not such a big problem, of course... DVD is working, digital camera, printer... BUT I am not able to listen a music CD
Are you as user part of the audio group.
If not:
su root
adduser yourlogin audio
I had a similar problem and it turned out that /dev/cdrom a simlink to /dev/scd0 and I noticed from 'dmesg | less' that
hdd: attached ide-cdrom driver.
hdd: ATAPI 50X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
so I change my /etc/fstab to:
#/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/hdd /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
and I was able to mount and access a data cdrom.
Thanks to everybody!
Markus gave me a good advice, because when I tried to do an "adduser userlogin audio", it gave me a lot of problems, because the default user "knoppix" was still there screwing everything up because I had erased that user... so I just had to edit /etc/group and substitute everywhere the word "knoppix" with my "userlogin" and that's all... restart x and now I am listening a wonderful CD and I feel happy because everything works... it was a real good idea to forget completely about windows... even though my wife complained a bit at the beginningBut now she's becoming an addict to the philosophy behind Linux TAG... don't forget that windows supported Bush with money...
cheers,
Pau

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99