:lol: i can't boot knoppix from harddrive .i would like to dual boot window and knoopix 3.3 .please help me
:lol: i can't boot knoppix from harddrive .i would like to dual boot window and knoopix 3.3 .please help me
Need more information here. What happens when you try to boot now...does it just start windows? I assume you have done the HD install. Did everything go OK? Did you put LILO in the MBR when prompted to do so? To dual boot you must put LILO in the Master Boot Record so it comes up before windows starts & gives you a choice of Linux or Windows.
Did you install LILO in the MBR?Originally Posted by tungcit
LILO should detect both your windows and Knoppix partitions.
works just fine on mine and my /dev/hda1 uses NTFS
and I have no problems.
(other then the fact that I'd rather use grub.....lol....)
OK. I suppose you intalled in on your hard disk. Id you didn't intall LILO in the MBR I think you'll be allways starting windows, so I soggert doing this:
- Start your computer with the Knoppix CD.
- Then open konsole (or use ctrl + alt + F1)
- Type:
> sudo su
> "your root password"
> mount /dev/hdaX /mnt/hdaX "X is your knoppix partition"
> chroot /mnt/hdaX
> lilo -v
This will install lilo.
Then restart your computer without the Cd and you'll would be able to see lilo and the different options.
I don't know if you're using Win XP under NTFS, you could have problems

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97