i have sb live 5.1 and it works fine with KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14-EN.iso bootable cd. i didn't do anything special to get it working, what version are you using?
My Sound Blaster Live isn't working in Knoppix.
just plays music thru my sound card.
at bootup time, it says SB Live EMU101k detected, driver emu101000
started, but then when it boots up into KDE, no sound but the PC Speaker.
I've actually had this problem in Debian, and Redhat as well, but I know the card works because when I boot into my WIndows, the sound card works just fine.. I don't know what to do.
when I run the sound card detection program, again it says the SB LIve card is found, and tries to use it, but again no sound is heard, so I shut down, boot into windows and the sound card works just fine. never touched the speakers or wires or anything.
as my step-daughter would say....."now what?"
i have sb live 5.1 and it works fine with KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14-EN.iso bootable cd. i didn't do anything special to get it working, what version are you using?
Have you tried to adjust the volume using a mixer?
Look in the [Multimedia] menu for kmix or ???, sometimes sound is started up with volume at zero.
HTH
~rock

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$95.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00