Click the Docs link at the top of the page and look for the KnoppixCustomizations link. There are versions from 50MB up.
Has someone created a 650 MB version?
Not all cd readers can read 700mb CDs.
Maybe removing languages other than English or removing the Koffice and other duplicate stuff?
Thanks in advance
Click the Docs link at the top of the page and look for the KnoppixCustomizations link. There are versions from 50MB up.
Thanks for the reply. I looked there and did not find what I was looking for. Very weird that someone hasn't made a version that just works within 650mb.
Just started looking at this stuff so maybe I'll do it. Depends on time and effort.
-Kn00b
If you have Windows handy on your machine, download DAEMON-TOOLs, or some other ISO-handling utility (WinISO, UltraISO, etc.). These tools give you a virtual CD-ROM drive where you can mount ISO files. Mount the KNOPPIX ISO and copy its \KNOPPIX directory to the root of any Windows partition (you'll end up with C:\KNOPPIX or D:\KNOPPIX, whatever).
At that point, you only need to make a boot floppy/CD from the boot.img file in the \KNOPPIX directory (rawrite or rawritewin for floppy, Nero/Roxio/etc. for CD). I believe you can also use loadlin to boot KNOPPIX at that point (search for loadlin in thes forums).
The only time I've burned KNOPPIX CDs over the past year occur at times when I've had to deal with a bare machine.
-SUO
Try this one:Originally Posted by knopn00b
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distr...lish/preview-3
Java, Real Player and Flash alrady installed. Less than 650MB.
Thanks MM.
I found Morphix HeavyGUI here:
http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/mydownloads/
It has OpenOffice and other stuff at <650mb.
Thanks for the help.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99