-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: apt-get update Error

Originally Posted by
Cronos55
Hi Y'all,
still getting the feel of Linux but still a nOObe in some areas still. It seems that when I try to run "apt-get update" I get errors @ Err
http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
Could not connect to security.debian.org:80 (194.109.137.21

. - connect (111 Connection refused)
Hit
http://ftp2.de.debian.org ../project/experimental/non-free Packages
Err
http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
Could not connect to security.debian.org:80 (194.109.137.21

. - connect (111 Connection refused)
> I edited the apt/sources.list to include "deb
http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main' and still get the same error. Also it seems that I get a timeduot error @ 'Err
http://people.debian.org ./ Release
Could not connect to people.debian.org:80 (192.25.206.10), connection timed out
". I am trying to install grip and abcde and keep getting the run apt-get update promt, what gives?

The servers are offline being checked due to a couple of other different servers being compromised so I imagine it will be a couple of days before you, I or anybody else can install anything. Unfortunately the announcement is here: http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/files/f...y-20031121.txt
-
What are the implications for machines that have run apt-get update using the compromised servers? Or is that what the archive was not compromised mean?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bsaunders
What are the implications for machines that have run apt-get update using the compromised servers? Or is that what the archive was not compromised mean?
I would assume that is what is meant by the phrase "the archive is not affected" is there is no problem with it. I have run both chkrootkit and tiger on my machine and they show no changes so that's a good sign at least but that is about the extent of my first hand knowledge with the problem.
-
Hi everyone (I'm assuming a lot of Knoppix people would go through this)... I do have a simple request to those who are 'in the know' regarding the state of the Debian servers... I don't know if they will make a public announcement when the repositories are online again but I would like to ask those that do have access to information about it, unnanounced or not, to tell us novices when they are back and ready... Many thanks in advance.... -bxb
-
Go to Planet Debian. At mid-week this will be ok.
-
Thanks, got the announcement and bookmarked the site... yeah, they say they may need up to Wednesday to get everything done... sounds good to me...
Oh, I do know that you meant Debian Planet
Thanks again...
For those that want to get in on this you can reach Debian Planet here:
http://www.debianplanet.org
The status of the cleanup can be found here:
http://www.wiggy.net/debian/
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 12:57 PM
-
By kbhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 03:26 AM
-
By MR_EPOD in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 12:09 PM
-
By pc3 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By bennyp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5
$375.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz CPU 96MB L3 Cache AM5 Socket
$365.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$199.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98