Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: newbie... HELP

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    newbie... HELP

    Hello,
    I just got Knoppix 3.3, and I've noticed that if I want to download anything on it, I can download it, but after I do download it and then switch back to Windows ME and then go back to Knoppix, the stuff that I downloaded is gone. All changed I've made aren't there. Does anyone know the problem???
    Michael

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    From docs, faq on this site:

    Q: How do I save my preferences (language, UI...) at the end of my session, when booting from CD? How do I restore them?
    Go to the K-menu > KNOPPIX > Configuration and choose "save config", you can save to floppy or to an already existing partition on the harddrive. (on a windows partition s fine)

    To restore it, at the "boot:" prompt type in "knoppix myconfig=scan", and it should find and restore your saved settings at boot time.

    Also read about creating a knoppix persistent home.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    12

    Re: newbie... HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by myko88
    Hello,
    I just got Knoppix 3.3, and I've noticed that if I want to download anything on it, I can download it, but after I do download it and then switch back to Windows ME and then go back to Knoppix, the stuff that I downloaded is gone. All changed I've made aren't there. Does anyone know the problem???
    Michael
    that is becouse knoppix downloads everything, by default, in a ramdisk.
    in order not to loose your saved files, you have to mount your fat partitions, (just do a right click on the hard disks icons, and choose that you can write on a partition)and save everything on the fat partitions.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. NEWBIE NEED HELP
    By Baby_Face in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
  2. Newbie Help!
    By marshalh in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
  3. Newbie (sorry lol)
    By Animekiksazz in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:29 PM
  4. newbie
    By tapique in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
  5. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00