-
problem accesing "/mnt/"
I've a dell Latitude CPi (a 266 P2 64mb mem with a 512m swap), and I have a problem
(btw, I'm also a linux n00b... just to forewarn)
As above stated, I've a dell laptop, and have recently tried networking (AND IT WORKED!!!)
but now i've a new and/or different problem... I can't access the Mnt file without the dell locking up... I tried with similar results to access it from a WinXP machine (the folder used to browse to it would lock up, and the entire start menu/taskbar'd disappear)
(it'd reload after several seconds, but it was kind of obvious that it didn't like it)
also, in linux, I can goto mounts that i know if i skip "mnt" (aka, typing cd /mnt/hda1/ wouldn't give a lock.... but if i go to mnt it does)
an added note, Im running this from the knoppix cd...
any ideas what's wrong? hints? cheat codes? Sledge Hammers?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By MrBigTime in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
-
By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99