Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: newbie question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    newbie question

    Hi All,

    I am wondering if anyone can help me with a newbie question.
    I have Knoppix running as a HD install in Vmware. It runs well.

    The question I have is when it was a live cd, I could use the cheatcodes to enable the wheelmouse, dma support, etc. I am wondering if I would get a significant speed boost from having the dma flag enabled (I have a IDE 133/40Gb disk on Winxp pro host) and how do I do that?

    I can probably fix the wheelmouse by reconfiguring X but I don't know how to enable DMA, especially for later when I do a real HD install.

    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    80
    I am not sure I can help with the technical aspect but sometimes the simple things contain answers. The live CD uses true knoppix and loads differently from the DEBIAN version you get from a HD install. That is probably the why, now as for the how someone will probably take pitty and lend a hand. You may be able to print out all files that the live cd uses for the mouse and compare them with the Debian files (just a thought).

Similar Threads

  1. NEWBIE QUESTION
    By FLSAFARI in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
  2. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  3. Newbie question...
    By JMichael in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
  4. Newbie question
    By linuxfool in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
  5. Really Newbie Question
    By way2late in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49