-
newbie question
Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone can help me with a newbie question.
I have Knoppix running as a HD install in Vmware. It runs well.
The question I have is when it was a live cd, I could use the cheatcodes to enable the wheelmouse, dma support, etc. I am wondering if I would get a significant speed boost from having the dma flag enabled (I have a IDE 133/40Gb disk on Winxp pro host) and how do I do that?
I can probably fix the wheelmouse by reconfiguring X but I don't know how to enable DMA, especially for later when I do a real HD install.
Thank you for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By FLSAFARI in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By linuxfool in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
-
By way2late in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00