Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I love Knoppix

  1. #1

    I love Knoppix

    Hi everyone...just registered. About 9 months ago, someone introduced me to Knoppix...I had wanted to try Linux (hate, HATE) micros**t. After a bit, installed redhat9 on desktop computer....recently bought laptop, installed Mandrake (or Mansuck), buggy, hated it. Realized that Knoppix could be a hard disk install.....and WOW, I am extremely pleased....look, feel, etc....Beats Windoze. Still fighting with integrated 802.11g, but all else is great!

    THANKS, KLAUS!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Glad to hear you like it. Assuming your card uses the broadcom chip, look at the following link. It should help you.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5778

  3. #3
    Thanks, aay! I've been there already.....I have a toshiba p15-s409 with integrated atheros......the windows driver is a .sys file, not the .inf (I think that was the required extension). I don't think the linuxant driverloader will work. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

    John

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    if you have the atheros AR5001x+, I can give you the .inf file

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    au
    Posts
    22

    new2

    me to dude ....i think its so good it means i can let my grandkids mess with microcrap and when i wanna get on i either use the cd or run of the hd( depends which machine i'm on..im gonna run cluster knoppix on my little network so i'm looking forward to that as well.
    i just counted 15 distros in one of my cd racks ....think i might throw em out n stick with knopix,if you haventtried damn small linux its worth a go an good fun as its built from knx especialy for laptops

Similar Threads

  1. sharin' the knoppix love
    By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
  2. Ah Knoppix, how I love thee
    By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
  3. I Love IT ! But have some issues with Knoppix
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
  4. Why I love knoppix (and linux/free/open software in general)
    By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
  5. For god sake, i love knoppix but i want a HD install
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch

$175.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00