Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Panasonic CR-563 cdrom drive (sbpcd)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Panasonic CR-563 cdrom drive (sbpcd)

    I have an old PC with this drive and Knoppix 3.3 is unable to detect it (I boot with the floppy disk). When I used Linux on that PC I needed to install the sbpcd.o module to use the cd, but Knoppix sems to not have that module. I think I could copy that module from somewhere else but it seems it has to be the same version as the kernel that comes with Knoppix. What can I do to mount the CD?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    I reply to myself:

    I found the sbpcd module in the Knoppix filesystem while running it in a newer computer. I copied it to /modules/scsi in the miniroot filesystem that lies in the boot floppy as a file. The I created /dev/sbpcd (major 25, minor 0) and in file /linuxrc (in the miniroot) I added this device near where it says /dev/scd?, and above that line I loaded the module with
    insmod /modules/scsi/sbpcd.o sbpcd=0x230,1
    Then umount the miniroot, gzip it, and put it into the floppy; this floppy should find the cdrom drive and boot Knoppix without prompting.

Similar Threads

  1. Missing CDROM drive
    By Keithj in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 09:59 PM
  2. mounting cdrom drive, HELP!!!
    By mickfilipe in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
  3. When i boot from the cdrom drive...
    By invader in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
  4. Lockups on Panasonic CF-48/51s
    By PsaltyDS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
  5. How to boot from USB cdrom drive
    By stpadberg in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99