-
internet works but doesn't work.
With Debian 3.1 I installed it 6 times before I got it right, and I found that I had to let the install script connect to the internet for updates, or I couldn't get it working later. ISP connects but apt and browsers don't work.
I also had this problem with Red Hat 9 but it is solved by using the Network Device Control tool (and network configuration) rather than kppp or pon or wvdial.
I also tried copying my /etc/ppp file from my debian partition but it didn't work.
I thought it might have something to do with the configuration of my eth0.
I am going to try another install with knoppix-installer rather than knx-install.
Internet works fine with kppp used on the live cd. I thought I would do a hd install to update and install nvidia drivers etc.
David.
Similar Threads
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
-
By sourabh in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00