Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: internet works but doesn't work.

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    internet works but doesn't work.

    With Debian 3.1 I installed it 6 times before I got it right, and I found that I had to let the install script connect to the internet for updates, or I couldn't get it working later. ISP connects but apt and browsers don't work.

    I also had this problem with Red Hat 9 but it is solved by using the Network Device Control tool (and network configuration) rather than kppp or pon or wvdial.

    I also tried copying my /etc/ppp file from my debian partition but it didn't work.

    I thought it might have something to do with the configuration of my eth0.

    I am going to try another install with knoppix-installer rather than knx-install.

    Internet works fine with kppp used on the live cd. I thought I would do a hd install to update and install nvidia drivers etc.

    David.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    solved -

    I did another install with the knoppix-installer, not on the disk you have to find it in google.
    It imported my preferences - I chose the knoppix like install not the debian.

    Internet works fine and I have been able to update with apt.

    I would suggest the option not to install lilo as I run lilo out of a different partition.

    Regards,

    David.

Similar Threads

  1. CD-ROM works great - USB mouse won't work for HDD install
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
  2. Internet works but unable to send email!
    By sourabh in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
  3. tohd works fromhd wont work
    By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
  4. DHCP works then it DOES NOT WORK
    By dugstratton in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99