Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: internet works but doesn't work.

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    internet works but doesn't work.

    With Debian 3.1 I installed it 6 times before I got it right, and I found that I had to let the install script connect to the internet for updates, or I couldn't get it working later. ISP connects but apt and browsers don't work.

    I also had this problem with Red Hat 9 but it is solved by using the Network Device Control tool (and network configuration) rather than kppp or pon or wvdial.

    I also tried copying my /etc/ppp file from my debian partition but it didn't work.

    I thought it might have something to do with the configuration of my eth0.

    I am going to try another install with knoppix-installer rather than knx-install.

    Internet works fine with kppp used on the live cd. I thought I would do a hd install to update and install nvidia drivers etc.

    David.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    solved -

    I did another install with the knoppix-installer, not on the disk you have to find it in google.
    It imported my preferences - I chose the knoppix like install not the debian.

    Internet works fine and I have been able to update with apt.

    I would suggest the option not to install lilo as I run lilo out of a different partition.

    Regards,

    David.

Similar Threads

  1. CD-ROM works great - USB mouse won't work for HDD install
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
  2. Internet works but unable to send email!
    By sourabh in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
  3. tohd works fromhd wont work
    By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
  4. DHCP works then it DOES NOT WORK
    By dugstratton in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC

$299.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99