Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: attempts to apt-get to people.debian.org

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    6

    attempts to apt-get to people.debian.org

    My apt-get updates are not working and I am assuming that the servers are still down. I only complete up to 88%, and it hangs for the site people.debian.org, which seems to be offline or whatever.

    Now, I am new and only know a little bit. Is people. one of the sites that was compromised, or do I need to edit my sources.list (which I have never done nor know where is)?

    If I can add sites to my sources list, where is the info on what sites to add and where the list is to change it?

    Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    32
    Use a rootshell (konsole plus su/passw)
    type:
    kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
    There u can see de sources list.
    There u make osme editing under Unstable:
    change //ftp2 in //ftp
    close kwrite and click if u want taht Save when ask.
    For poeple debian...wait till things are correct at the mirrror/server sitde.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    Check out Planet Debian for news on the compromise. They currently expect to have everything up and running by wednesday. I'd be patient and leave my sources.list file alone.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    6
    Thanks guys. I guess I will have to update until after I go see my granda who is passing away, but great info.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems apt-get install attempts
    By floydian1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
  2. live cd for asm people
    By pureone in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 03:31 PM
  3. can you people see my picture?
    By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 07:02 AM
  4. what is wrong: people.debian.org?
    By Bucky Ball in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:36 AM
  5. after many attempts, i still cant get my monitor to work!
    By cozzy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00