Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

    HD install of knoppix 2-16-04 debian style. I reinstalled mozilla non-deb but for my kernel, went very well, everything peachie! but... a favorite site of mine is requesting the installation of a plugin, java2 they call it. Click on the netscape link, grant permission, download the bugger - an hour later after dling that lot on a dilaup I get "permission denied" from netscape dialog. Any ideas? It is a long slow download for me, it doesn't save it to harddive that I can find it to try and run as root, only thing I can think of why I am getting the error. Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed? Help appreciated, this is it ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed?
    Yes!

    you might want to just use:

    wget -c ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

    or an ftp client to get the file.

    then install the file as root, once it is downloaded.

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    thank you!

    thank you Rock! I am now wgetting, if that doesn't work, uh doh - I never thought of save as rather than install since I had no problem doing other installs xpi and was getting sooooooo aggravated with it being such a long dl to begin with.
    I do have an ftp client also which I am damn proud of myself installing, gftp (please don't tell me it was already on knoppix when I spent two nights getting that baby in there - just don't tell me)
    The ftp client for uploading to my website was one of three requisites I am working on to be totally independent of my windoze. I am still trying to get proficient at gimp.....(I want my photoshop, damnit) and last but not least, suggestions much appreciated....I need a newsreader...mozilla though my choice of browser in nix and doze, I don't use it for a newreader, frankly sux with my provider at least. Anything like agent out there for linux? Still searching for something with a gui that will keep the news connection alive and send the pw and authentication as needed. Mozilla refuses and I can't keep signing in every 3 minutes, literally. I do not care about binaries, in fact, don't want them. I just want to read my newsies.

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  2. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  3. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  4. Mozilla
    By denver1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM
  5. MOZILLA Question
    By xetaprime in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



T-FORCE DELTA α RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MHz DIMM Desktop Memory Kit picture

T-FORCE DELTA α RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MHz DIMM Desktop Memory Kit

$225.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Dell Memory Module - 64GB - DDR5 - CAMM RAM - 5600MHz 16GX8 picture

Dell Memory Module - 64GB - DDR5 - CAMM RAM - 5600MHz 16GX8

$599.98



64GB (32GBx2) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG RDIMM HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN picture

64GB (32GBx2) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG RDIMM HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN

$560.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM

$74.50