-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: extra bagage

Originally Posted by
dougvega
I've installed knoppix on a thinkpad 380D and everything is running nice exept my sound but thas another post my real problem is space. I only have 300 meg to spare after the install and I'd like to get rid of some extra bagage to make room for personal info and files what can I delete that is absolutly unnesesary like modules I do not use (what is the comand for deleting modules) ., Locales , Kpackage takes forever to load (did I mention I only have 48 meg of memory)
I do not want to install Knoppix Lite since it is not very stable
any help anybody???
apt-get install localepurge and follow the instructions in the install dialog to keep only the locale(s) you need also tell it to delete the man pages as well, then dpkg -l | grep kde-i18n-* to get a list of the internationalizations that you can remove and dpkg -l | grep xserver-* for a list of the excess servers that you can remove you most likely are only using the xserver-xfree86. This should get you about a quick 300-400 mb freed up.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:04 PM
-
By Edwin Glaser in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99