Yes, this is a (very) silly question![]()
Yes, this is a (very) silly question![]()
Knopper is german, so you need to pronounce the 'k' as well... 'k'
So no 'noppix...
Tell that to techTV...![]()
Stupid Americans...
He was pronouncing the 'k' most of the time, I'm fairly sure.
It's kinda sad how many people that show introduced to knoppix (and, thus, Linux) .. heh, myself included.
well ask the gnomers how do you say
gnoppix
I don't because it makes you sound like an idiot! At least here in Canada. K's before N's are silent. So in Knorth America, Knoppix is said noppix!
Heh heh, I was just wondering this myself. Saying it without the K sounds more natural since I am also from the United States, but I knew that it was of German origin, and therefore I assumed that the K is sounded out.
It's a reasonable question. I just figure that, out of respect for Klaus himself, I will pronounce the "K".
Of course, posting this question to the Debian-Knoppix mailing list would be likely to get an interesting response, as Mr K. hangs out there himself...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-- Michael Rudas
http://www.MDLUG.org
http://www.PenguiCon.org
http://opcc.2ya.com
I have respect for the guy too, but not at the expense of sounding like an idiot.
Really, do what you want, but I am not going to say it. It is like saying Kazaa like Ka-zaaaaw, it makes Kazaa sound gay. I say Kaz-ah, it sounds less stupid.
(No I don't think all gay people are stupid, so don't try to start a dumb arguement)

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67