You can see which usb devices are attached by issuing the following command
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
In order for this to work you need the following line in /etc/fstab
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
USB ports are detected when Knoppix boots from the CD in the kinfocenter, but after doing a hard drive installation, USB ports are not recognized in the kinfocenter. However, during the HD boot during the verbose mode, I notice that it says "USB hub found, 2 ports" which is exactly what I have on this computer. Plus, other sections of the kinfocenter indicate IRQ assignment and the pci section mentions usb also. If you are able to offer help, please be specific because I am new to this. Thanks in advance.
You can see which usb devices are attached by issuing the following command
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
In order for this to work you need the following line in /etc/fstab
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
Thanks for your suggestion. However, when I type in the command (I am typing it in the command line (Alt+F2) )cat/proc/bus/usb/devices, it responds by saying "Could not run the specified command!" I also put in the line below you said to into the /etc/fstab but still no USB detection after rebooting. Does the "none" have to have a slash ( / ) in front of it? I'm new to this and trying to be patient with linux. thanks for your help
Originally Posted by aay
I learnt this yesterday. You need to do in addition to the fstab line a manual mount:
mount /proc/bus/usb
Next, you can check out the usbviewer by going through this meny Applications->Tools-> Usb view

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$45.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00