Hi halfling,
try the "standard" cheatcodes at the boot prompt:
knoppix noapic nosmp
Ciao Martin
Greetings:
I have been getting the I/O , cloop:readerrors, and kmod errors that most people seem to attribute to a bad disk.
I have burned two images form different servers, check the sums on each and burned at a slower speed just in case. I recieve the exact same errors from both disks. however either disk can boot on my laptop without error.
Any ideas on this problem? I will include my workstations hardware below as the only conclution I can come to is that there is a hardware conflict of some sort.
Athlon 1.4 Ghz
1 GB RAM (Correctly detected by the Knoppix disk)
nVidia GeFroce3 Ti200
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
Plextor CD-R PX-W4012A
Monitor Dell P991
3C905B-TX NIC
Abit KG7-RAID mobo (RAID controller disabled)
Thanks in advance for any advice
Hi halfling,
try the "standard" cheatcodes at the boot prompt:
knoppix noapic nosmp
Ciao Martin
Now I feel really dumb. I tried several chets but not those. I will go give it a shot when I get home.
Thanks a bunch!
PS if anyone can explain the technical reason that somethign like this may be happenning or point me to it I woudl love to know.
Unfortunatly those codes did not work. I have tried to check the CD as well but it seems that the failure occurs before the test can be run.
Thank you again.
All sugesstions are welcome.
Have you went into the BIOS and turned off the Plug'n'Play OS option if you have one. Swap in some different hardware if you have it laying around for the video card, nic and sound. Maybe even take a stick of RAM out or switch them around if you have more than 1 in the machine. And if anything is in the slot next to the AGP if you are using it move it out of there.Originally Posted by the_halfling

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99