-
I'm getting close. I started by following the first steps of the remastering article on the O' Reilly web site. I'm not interested in dual-booting NT, but dual-booting Woody is acceptable. So I divided up the hard drive into a swap partition, a 700 MB partition for the CD image, a 150 MB partition for a base bootable Woody and the rest (about 4.5 GB) /home ext2 space. Then I installed Woody to the 150 MB partition and used it to copy the CD onto the 700 MB partition. I managed to get everything to work until I got to the LILO step. It's probably recoverable, unless the reboot didn't sync the hard drive properly on the way down, but it refused to come back up. I'm not sure what I did wrong -- I had to abandon it until tonight. Once I get the LILO part working, I'm pretty sure this will be one way to go.
Question: assuming that I have the Woody partition working, is there something like "loadlin" for Linux that will just boot off the PCMCIA CD or my PCMCIA hard drive? All the compressed loopback driver magic appears to have worked flawlessly for the copy -- couldn't it be used to boot into KNOPPIX??
Similar Threads
-
By jsl81 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By TheIowan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
-
By amirante in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99

6 LB Mixed Lot of Vintage PC Cables /Adapters/Connectors - SATA/Optical/IDE/SLI
$34.95

Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk
$250.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop Intel Pentium 150MHz, No Operating System
$40.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99