-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JechiD

Originally Posted by
brentmid
Then I ran the w32grub.exe. This is a one-time execution. It fixes up the stage1 bootloader so grub will run correctly.
Then I rebooted and from NTLDR, I select GRUB, and then from GRUB I select PenguinSleuth and I am in business.
I hope that made some sense.
Let me know if you need more clarification.
It sounds like i need to have the GRUB loader already in place, so that the harddrive is already initially booting from it. In my case i have partition magic installed and it is my boot manager. And currently i has one primary win95 parition and several logical partition. Onto D: i have placed all knoppix files and w32grub files.
I guess under these circumstances it will not work.
Dani
Does partition magic support chain loading from file like NTLDR does ? If not, w32grub won't help you. I did write the code to install stage1 into the boot sector but have disabled it.
If you have win95, the easiest way is to use loadlin which can also boot load KNOPPIX and once you are in linux, you can install GRUB/LILO to one of the partition which I believe partition magic would be happy to boot.
Similar Threads
-
By jsl81 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By TheIowan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
-
By amirante in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99