Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Xine on Knoppix CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    Xine on Knoppix CD

    I have noticed a reoccuring problem with the video program XINE, I have hd installed from the knoppix CD and upgraded a good many times however it seems I still have this problem. When I start xine from gui or console it gives no error msg either way but doesn't start up, however it if I keep trying to start it, after about 3 to 5 attempts it starts up. It's like it wants to run when it feels like it. Any ideas what this problem or if this s a reoccurring problem for others. I'm considering taking it to the XINE ppl, but I want to make sure it's not a knoppix related problem. This problem persists on every distro I have....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    have you started it from console, to see what it says? might help... And if you dont find out, indeed check it with the xine ppl!
    (maybe an apt-get update might help?)

Similar Threads

  1. WMA in xine
    By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
  2. xine on knoppix 3.3 will not play dvds
    By needhelpNOW in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:27 PM
  3. xine in knoppix 3.4
    By mati in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3
    By ignuu2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. Xine on Knoppix and codecs.
    By ignuu2 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Apple Mouse IIc Box Only Vintage 1985 picture

Original Apple Mouse IIc Box Only Vintage 1985

$40.00



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete picture

Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete

$249.95



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage 1980’s Apple Macintosh Laptop Carrying Case, Rainbow Logo, NEW picture

Vintage 1980’s Apple Macintosh Laptop Carrying Case, Rainbow Logo, NEW

$129.95



Vintage PTI-217 Multi I/O ISA Controller Card Serial Parallel Floppy VLSI Card picture

Vintage PTI-217 Multi I/O ISA Controller Card Serial Parallel Floppy VLSI Card

$100.00



Vintage Deloitte Black 9

Vintage Deloitte Black 9" Tablet Sleeve & Stand *NEW* [Case]

$39.95



Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare picture

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare

$48.66



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99