Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: problem accesing "/mnt/"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8

    problem accesing "/mnt/"

    I've a dell Latitude CPi (a 266 P2 64mb mem with a 512m swap), and I have a problem

    (btw, I'm also a linux n00b... just to forewarn)

    As above stated, I've a dell laptop, and have recently tried networking (AND IT WORKED!!!)

    but now i've a new and/or different problem... I can't access the Mnt file without the dell locking up... I tried with similar results to access it from a WinXP machine (the folder used to browse to it would lock up, and the entire start menu/taskbar'd disappear)

    (it'd reload after several seconds, but it was kind of obvious that it didn't like it)

    also, in linux, I can goto mounts that i know if i skip "mnt" (aka, typing cd /mnt/hda1/ wouldn't give a lock.... but if i go to mnt it does)

    an added note, Im running this from the knoppix cd...

    any ideas what's wrong? hints? cheat codes? Sledge Hammers?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    18
    Good news:
    - The long delay (it will timeout eventually) is caused by the automounter looking for devices that aren't there, e.g. a floppy.
    Bad news:
    - I've not worked out how to stop it: I just stop the automounter:
    # /etc/init.d/autofs stop
    - Then I mount CDs etc. manually

Similar Threads

  1. Booting problem: "hde: drive not ready for command"
    By MrBigTime in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
  2. Problem with "root=" kernel command-line argument
    By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
  3. "Connection Reset by Peer" or "hang"
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. Locate Knoppix "group" in "K" menu
    By Juny in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99