-
Another Won't Boot Problem
Downloaded the newest 3.3 (11.19 I think) with BitTorrent from a diffrent website (suprnova.tk). Wrote it to a CDR with Nero. Reboot and all that happens is the computer continues with trying to read the CD. Pulled it out and went back into Windows, put it back in and it still has trouble reading the disk.
Came here and downloaded it again (nice speed BTW, at one point was getting upwards of 150kbps . Got another program because I read that Nero might screw the disk. Burned as image with DropToCD to another kind of CDR I have. The computer can usually read the second CDR I used, FYI. Same thing, computer continues to (try) and read the CDR non stop.
Read the docs, un-isoed the ISO with winrar and ran mkdisk in DOS. Made a boot disk. Rebooted with the CD in, and it came into the boot floppy. Pressed F2 and it said something about German keyboard layout and I should use 'lang=us'. I just pressed enter and I got the following:
Loading vnlinuz.........
Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue
Took out the CDR and put in the first CDR I made. Tried again. Same thing. Took out all CDR's and tried again but this time I typed "knoppix lang=us".
Same thing.
So I tried "knoppix failsafe lang=us".
Same thing.
Tried a few more combo's, like "knoppix 2 failsafe expert lang=us".
You guessed it, same thing.
I dunno whats up. Maybe one of you have an idea. When I get my laptop back this week I will try the CD's on that.
My desktop computer is an HP Pavilion 8570C, the specs are on this page (everything standard, no upgrades): http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search...cName=bph05044
Any help at all would be cool. Thanks in advance.
Wil
Similar Threads
-
By Gemantra in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By codeforge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
-
By keyvisuals in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By Philly_Blunt in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By BradC in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Ubiquiti Networks USG-PRO-4 Enterprise Gateway Router with Gigabit Ethernet
$39.99