Try using vga=normal for a cheat code when you boot. If this does not work could you post more details on the hardware in the machine and how you are trying to boot eg from CD or HD.Originally Posted by wfb
By default my screen blanks during the boot process. That's not helpful when the boot process hangs and I want to diagnose the problem. How can I watch Knoppix boot?
Try using vga=normal for a cheat code when you boot. If this does not work could you post more details on the hardware in the machine and how you are trying to boot eg from CD or HD.Originally Posted by wfb
Crikey! does that mean it's not supposed to blank? I thought that was a "feature" of Knoppix.
I was booting from the hard drive -- but the boot sequence wasn't finishing so I've deleted the HD install. However the same applies when I boot from a CD.
My computer is a Toshiba Satellite 4060xcdt laptop -- Knoppix doesn't recognise the built-in video, but it generally works fine once the boot sequence finishes.
Cheat codes are:
knoppix screen=1280x1024 lang=US wheelmouse
Incidentally, if the screen cheat code doesn't come first in the list, it doesn't work. Is this significant?
I can see the boot sequence fine with Knoppix 3.3
I noticed that the live CD boot hides the more complicated (unnerving?) bits and that the Debian style HD install doesn't! Klaus's clever autoconfig script sends some messages to 'null' - that's about all I could follow when I took a look at it!
Stu.....
--And I wish he wouldn't do that.I'm a computer guy, I *LIKE* to see the bootup messages. 'Sfine by me to put them in another window/VT and leave the default screen "clean" for a nice-looking bootup, but I miss not being able to see the kernel messages with Knoppix live-cds.
Originally Posted by stukennedyuk
Change the boot.img the way you like it & remaster. Thats whatOriginally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
open software is all about.
Too much work for too little gain. I'd have to do it for every Kpx rev.
Originally Posted by rdt

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99