-
Member
registered user
Post your Knoppix screenshots!
-
Member
registered user
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
-
Member
registered user
Good stuff, most looks like hard drive installations, unless you have a big usb memory stick 
I'm CD bound at work. Can't do a HDD install there, but I can run the CD. So I use the CD and floppyconf.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'd do a hd install at work but I cant seem to partition the drive, keeps on telling me that the drive is fragmented. I used the windows defrag. but same problem. I'll try a 3rd party tool and see if that works.
Cd knoppix is slow on some computers. need lots of ram and proces. power
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Kethinov and all,
I have a project called burn_home which allows you
to boot from a floppy, run the KNOPPIX CD, and then
automatically read in you presistent home from
a second CDRW, mine is on USB cdrom1. After each
session you must burn a CDRW to save your changes
if any were made.
With extra work you can even add programs to
be loaded from the second CDRW. None of this
needs a hard drive or changes the hard drive.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BurnHome
I now have installed gmplayer which will play
DVD movies. Sorry I am too lazy to make a
cool screen shot 
I may soon add a feature to get files automatically
at boot up from the internet with wget.
This is not fast or high powered but it can be useful
for special situations.
Let me know if it can work for you.
Best Wishes
paradocs
Similar Threads
-
By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
-
By Nikolay in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By DaveICT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By xalia in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00