Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knopixx 3.1 questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    knopixx 3.1 questions

    I have knopixx 3.1 and would like to hook up my iomege 100 zip drive. If I click on the icon by the clock, which brings up the mount things,
    and then select hda/sda; I get a message saying that it was unable to determine the filesystem or something similiar. How do I hook this up and then save whatever files I need to preserve this onto the zip drive?

    btw...I have WinXP with ntfs, so I need to use the zip for storage. Is it dangerous to convert ntfs to fat 32 -I have partition magic, but I'm still a bit worried about losing a lot data.

    I have 56k -so it's not possible to get the new one at the moment.
    Also, I have a question about setting up a winmodem, but I'll wait until this gets answered.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: knopixx 3.1 questions

    --Factory Zip disks all have partition 4 (/dev/sda4) - try that. You can verify with root ' fdisk -l /dev/sda '.

    --If you're at all worried about data integrity, BACK UP 1st. IMHO you'll be better off w/o NTFS.

    --You can also order a new version of Knoppix on the web, there are several vendors. Here's a cheapbytes link, Knoppix is near the bottom.

    http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

    Quote Originally Posted by agency
    I have knopixx 3.1 and would like to hook up my iomege 100 zip drive. If I click on the icon by the clock, which brings up the mount things,
    and then select hda/sda; I get a message saying that it was unable to determine the filesystem or something similiar. How do I hook this up and then save whatever files I need to preserve this onto the zip drive?

    btw...I have WinXP with ntfs, so I need to use the zip for storage. Is it dangerous to convert ntfs to fat 32 -I have partition magic, but I'm still a bit worried about losing a lot data.

    I have 56k -so it's not possible to get the new one at the moment.
    Also, I have a question about setting up a winmodem, but I'll wait until this gets answered.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Last two questions before i go for it.
    By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
  2. Questions from the new guy
    By Liquidant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
  3. A few questions
    By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
  4. a few questions
    By bulio in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:30 PM
  5. Several apt-get questions
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks

$199.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$895.00



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive picture

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

$135.00



OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT picture

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT

$329.95