Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I'm using the latest version of Knoopix. Date 19-11-03
When I start everything looks fine. But when X starts my screen goes blank.
My Screen is connectet with the DVI Port. When I connect the screen with the d-sub, x starts without problems.
Any idea to resolve this problem?
Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I have the same problem with my Fx5600.
I recently switched my primary monitor to my DVI port because the output was better in windows, with my second monitor on VGA.
Knoppix cannot detect the monitor on DVI, as soon as I boot into knoppix, the monitor goes into suspend mode. This is using 3.3 02-09-2004.
Originally Posted by Melfice
At the boot screen, type fb(screen resolution) vysnc=60
ie: fb1280x1024 vsync=60
This is what works for me. Also, if you do this to boot from cd and then do a hard drive install, the setting carries over to the install.
-Bob

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00