Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I'm using the latest version of Knoopix. Date 19-11-03
When I start everything looks fine. But when X starts my screen goes blank.
My Screen is connectet with the DVI Port. When I connect the screen with the d-sub, x starts without problems.
Any idea to resolve this problem?
Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I have the same problem with my Fx5600.
I recently switched my primary monitor to my DVI port because the output was better in windows, with my second monitor on VGA.
Knoppix cannot detect the monitor on DVI, as soon as I boot into knoppix, the monitor goes into suspend mode. This is using 3.3 02-09-2004.
Originally Posted by Melfice
At the boot screen, type fb(screen resolution) vysnc=60
ie: fb1280x1024 vsync=60
This is what works for me. Also, if you do this to boot from cd and then do a hard drive install, the setting carries over to the install.
-Bob

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
MSI MAG B560M MORTAR WIFI LGA 1200 10th/11th Intel B560 Micro ATX Motherboard
$119.99