Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Using knoppix to backup XP to USB HD

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    Partimage working for you?

    Hi! Did you get partimage to work for you? I'm intereseted in doing the exact same thing on a couple of IBM laptops. The thing is that these laptops (T41, 41 and 42:s) comes with a "hidden" partition for restoring. It would be nice to be able to clone those partitions as well... Norton Ghost can't handle it for sure...

    /Bo

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692

    Re: Using knoppix to backup XP to USB HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
    --Actually I was completely wrong about the 2GB filesize limitation. SuSE 7.3 suffers from this, Debian does not. My apologies for the confusion.
    Hang on, Dave. It's funny you mentioned 2 GB as a limitation. I just came across a situation in which I think I hit that limitation in the newest release of Knoppix.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=57775#57775

    As you can see, I tried to save my configuration, but it failed once I hit a 2 gig wall. There's a 2 gig limit somewhere here.

    Any ideas?

    jd

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Using knoppix to backup XP to USB HD

    --Well, in that post you mentioned that config.tbz had hit two Megabytes; I was talking about 2 Gigabytes. AFAIK, the 2GB filesize limit applies only to FAT32 filesystems and the ' zip ' program.

    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
    --Actually I was completely wrong about the 2GB filesize limitation. SuSE 7.3 suffers from this, Debian does not. My apologies for the confusion.
    Hang on, Dave. It's funny you mentioned 2 GB as a limitation. I just came across a situation in which I think I hit that limitation in the newest release of Knoppix.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=57775#57775

    As you can see, I tried to save my configuration, but it failed once I hit a 2 gig wall. There's a 2 gig limit somewhere here.

    Any ideas?

    jd

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Oh don't be so picky! It was only three orders of magnitude. Sheesh!

    Thanks,

    jd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. where on knoppix can i find a backup program?
    By kevstar31 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 02:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. the best backup system for knoppix?
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:47 PM
  4. Using Knoppix to backup data over a network.
    By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 10:55 PM
  5. knoppix for backup
    By mohater in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread picture

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread

$125.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$135.00



Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851 picture

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851

$435.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00