rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A
I would assume replacing "A" with the CD burner might work
question would be
when booting to Knoppix, does it need write access?
If it does, then it wouldn't work
Will run a test this evening
Is it possible to make a boot CD that will act exactly like the boot floppy made with mkfloppy.bat on the Knoppix CD? I tried it but even when I changed the BIOS to boot from CD, it booted Win98 from the hard drive. I am running Knoppix off the hard drive and want to leave my config floppy in the floppy drive.
rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A
I would assume replacing "A" with the CD burner might work
question would be
when booting to Knoppix, does it need write access?
If it does, then it wouldn't work
Will run a test this evening
Oops! I forget to choose "make CD bootable" when making the CD. I'll try that tonight.
I tried making a boot CD from the boot floppy and couldn't. In Nero and EZ CD Creator, you can choose 'make bootable CD' but when the program looks at the floppy as the source it says it isn't bootable. I also tried making an ISO 9660 CD with all the floppy files on it but that didn't work either. There must be a way...
You don't need to - and you should not "make CD bootlable"!Originally Posted by boehmb
The KNOPPIX.iso file is already an image of a bootable CD.
Just use in nero the function: Burn iso image ...
And you will get a bootable CD rom.
tom
Tuxtom, thanks for your reply. But I have the Knoppix CD and it works great. I'm trying to make a boot CD from the boot floppy. I have the Knoppix files on my hard drive, but use a boot floppy to access them. I wanted to make a boot CD and just leave it in my second CD-ROM drive so the computer boots to Knoppix by default (as long as the boot CD is in). I use the floppy for my Knoppix config. If I can't do it, it's OK, I just wondered if there was a way.....
I think I understand....Originally Posted by boehmb
Check these things :
* your harddrive with KNOPPIX on is not ntfs
* you have a directory called "KNOPPIX" either in / (root ) so /KNOPPIX for linux filesystems, or C:\KNOPPIX for fat32 filesystems
* you have the really big KNOPPIX file in /KNOPPIX/ or C:\KNOPPIX
i.e. you have C:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX
You can use the standard knoppix cd to boot from, if you have those files above, it will search the harddrive before the cdrom, and use those.
it will say "accessing CDROM in /dev/hda1" or similar if your partition is /dev/hda1
I tried to extract the image using isobuster but I can'tOriginally Posted by tuxtom
let me try and figure how to extract the img and burn the contents to a CD
Put the cd in the drive.. and drag the files across?Originally Posted by Sucker
( once you've burned the knoppix cd. using "burn image" from the file menu of nero )
Knoppix.iso burned to a CD
Copied the contents of the CD to my hard disk
Fireup Nero to burn an image of boot-en.img to CD
Results?
=a brand new coaster

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99